Body Protecting Compound
BPC-157 for Athletes
In this article, we will discuss the wolverine-like healing peptide: BPC-157.
Book a consultation with us to learn more about Peptide Therapy.
So, let’s get started on our discussion into the world’s most popular peptide BPC-157.
15 amino acids
What Is BPC-157 and How Does It Work?
- BPC-157 is a synthetic peptide consisting of a sequence of 15 amino acids.
- It’s derived from a gastroprotective protein called “body protecting compound” (BPC) that is isolated from human gastric juice.
- BPC-157 works by enhancing your body’s natural healing processes and thereby speeding up the rate of recovery from injury.
- BPC-157’s main mechanism of action is improving angiogenesis – the process by which new blood vessels are created.
- It improves blood flow in wounded and damaged areas of your body through the process of enhanced angiogenesis.
Additionally, it increases the activity (via up regulation) of critical healing factors such as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF).
Is BPC-157 Safe In Humans?
BPC-157 Heals Muscles, Bones, Tendons & Ligaments
- BPC-157’s primary benefit is by and large its ability to accelerate the healing of many different wounds.
- Tendons: BPC-157 was discovered to dramatically speed up the healing of tendons through the outgrowth of tendon explants and the spreading of tendon fibroblasts.
- BPC-157 is also capable of healing detached or disjoined Achilles tendon.
- In particular, one study found BPC-157 to be effective in healing quadriceps muscles that have been torn and crushed.
- Muscle tears have also been observed to recover much faster with BPC-157 administration, even when the healing process is impaired by the systemic use of corticosteroids.
- Bones: One promising study done in rabbits found that BPC-157 led to significant improvements in the healing of bone wounds and fractures.
- Another study conducted in rats found BPC-157 to be instrumental in the healing of spinal cord injuries, and consequently a restoration of function in rats.
- Ligaments: BPC-157 can lead to superior healing of damaged ligaments, along with tendon-to-bone healing.
- A rat study conducted in 2010 found that BPC-157 lead to the healing of acute ligament injuries within rats.
- In their own words, rats injected with BPC-157 “exhibited consistent functional, biomechanical, macroscopic and histological healing improvements”.
- Skin Burns: BPC-157 can heal skin burns at a much faster rate by increasing blood flow to damaged tissues.
- One study conducted in hyperglycaemic rats (i.e. too much blood sugar due to lack of insulin production) found BPC-157 to STILL exert an accelerated healing process on surgery-induced skin wounds.
BPC-157 Is Anti-Inflammatory
- BPC-157’s remarkable properties is its ability to upregulate anti-inflammatory factors, while also reducing the production of reactive oxygen species.
- In rats, BPC-157 has been shown to reduce gastrointestinal lesions in rats which were induced by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents.
- BPC-157 may also have potential for lowering inflammation in people with periodontal (tooth) disease.
BPC-157 Increases Blood Flow
- As stated before, BPC-157’s main mechanism of action is the promotion of angiogenesis.
- In turn, this promotes the formation of new blood vessels while also releasing more nitric oxide.
- This function is especially useful in wounded and damaged areas of the body receiving insufficient blood flow.
- This makes BPC-157 a potential candidate for healing burn wounds at a much faster rate.
BPC-157 and Doping
- After a single intravenous (IV) administration, single intramuscular (IM) administrations at three doses in successive increments along with repeated IM administrations, the elimination half-life (t1/2) of prototype BPC157 was less than 30 min.
- The reported half-life in humans is around 4 hours.
Full Body Regeneration
Why Nūūro is Gold-Standard in Peptide Therapy
Like health and wellness trends, there is a lot of misinformation about Peptide Therapy being spread across the world wide web.
And on top of that, many manufacturers producing peptides, or pharmacies selling peptides, are taking shortcuts, using low-quality ingredients and sourcing their peptides from high-risk Chinese suppliers.
But that is not us.
Here at Nūūtro, you can trust our team, products, and programs to help change your health trajectory.
We’re so excited to be bringing Peptide Therapy to our community, and we have seen first-hand how peptides can invoke life-enhancing results.
- We only source our peptides from accredited USA-labs that use the purest ingredients.
- Jessica has personally met the owner and COO of our peptide supplier, we only do business with integrity.
- Our peptides are rigorously third-party tested.
- We work with you to discuss other issues such as gut inflammation and hormonal disbalance prior to ensuring the peptides work to their full efficacy.
To learn more about our Peptide Therapy programmes click here.
BPC-157 is the Wolverine peptide you can try for full body regeneration.
BPC-157 has been extensively studied since 1991, with copious amounts of evidence of its safe biological effects confirmed in cell, tissue and animal studies.
We’re so excited to help you kickstart your Peptide Therapy and for you to feel and look your best!